Visa is a tool that every international visitor holds as proof of their citizenship and visit, therefore a visa plays a very important role for every international visitor. Nowadays people visit international destinations for various purposes such as education, tourism, medical, business, sports and hundreds of others.
Every international visit demands a valid visa from their international guests. Visa is a useful tool that helps countries to stop illegal immigration and other anti-social activities. So, each and every person needs to hold a valid visa who is going to enter into the international boundary. Before applying for the US visa for the Indians you have to make sure that you follow the below-listed steps for the effective and smooth procedure.
Step 1 – Decides the types of visas.
Here are the types of visas that require international visits while visiting the US. There are numerous types of visas available as per the purpose of the visit. Such as
- US Tourist visa- Tourist visa is issued when one wants to visit the US on the occasion of holidays, visiting friends or family, etc.
- US Business visa- The business permit is issued to travelers who visit the country for business, meetings, conferences and other business-related activities.
- US Student visa – Student visa is only obtained by those students who enter into the US for educational purposes such as getting higher educations, degrees, obtaining courses from education institutes of the US.
- US Work visa – work visa is only obtained by those individuals who enter the countries to perform various works. There are various visa categories available as per the motive of work on that base one can apply for a specific category of visa.
- US-dependent visa – Dependent type of visa is obtained by those individuals who’s visa application approval is depends on an individual who is a citizen of the US.
- Trainee visa – This type of visa is issued by those applicants who are attending non-employment training programs in the USA.
- Media and Journalist visa – This type of visa is issued by information media people who are visiting the US for gaining information and other work purposes.
- US Transit visa – Transit visa is issued by those travelers who want to travel through the US to reach the other country.
- Other visas – There are some other types of visas are also available for people from different fields like sports. Entertainment fields, athletes, etc.
Step 2 – Documentation
Once you decide which type of visa is required as per your visiting purpose the next step is to submit your documents.
However, the list of documents differs from the types of visas.
Here, is the list of some documents that one has to carry while they apply for the visa application.
- Passport with validity of 6 months.
- 2 recent photographs (as per the international standards), white background, matt finish view, should not be much older than 3 months and should have covered 70-80 % face. Sized of the photograph should be 50×50 mm.
- Application form DS-160.
- Visa fees payment receipt.
- A valid reason for the visit.
- Financial proof.
- Employment proof.
- Other documents.
Step 3 – Procedure
Once the verification and submission of the visa application are done, an applicant has to begin with a visa application process.
The US visa process generally takes 12 to 15 working days to proceed. However, these days can vary from different factors such as the workload of the embassy, official holidays, weekends, the presence of staff members, urgency, etc.
While applying for the US visa an applicant also has to give an interview and biometric. An interview is a face to face communication between an applicant and the visa officer. During the interview, various questions are going to ask to the visa applicant. The applicant has to make sure that He/She is answering each question honestly and their purpose of the visit is genuine as per they have presented their case. Thailand elite membership